A Message About COVID-19
At the University Place Hotel and Conference Center, our number one priority is the health and safety of our Guests, Employees, and Community. Throughout this very challenging time, we would like to ensure you that Portland State University and our Hotel Management Team are monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and working collaboratively with information provided to us by the Oregon Health Authority to guide our response.
Beyond monitoring the situation, we are taking active measures to ensure the health and safety of those who are our Guests, Employees, and Customers:
– We have increased the frequency of cleaning for all high-touch surfaces and high traffic areas in our public spaces and guest rooms.
– Our hotel restaurant and food provider will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food and safety recommendations from the Oregon Health Authority and the Portland State University Incident Management Team.
– We are strategically deploying antibacterial hand sanitizer stations throughout the public areas of our hotel.
– Hotel Management is receiving daily updates and briefings from multiple state and internal sources to adjust and improve operating procedures to help ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Due to the unique circumstances that face our Guests, we want to offer travel flexibility to our reservations and cancellations policy:
– Existing Reservations: All reservations that are scheduled to arrive prior to April 30, 2020 can be changed and cancelled at no charge up to 24-hours prior to your confirmed check-in date. These include but are not limited to those marked as “Advance Purchase” or “Non-Refundable”.
– Government Regulated Restrictions: For our Guests traveling from Countries that have active government-issued travel restrictions imposed during their confirmed check-in date, we will offer the Guest ability to change or cancel without penalty. Additionally, if you are arriving from any Center for Disease Control (CDC) Level 3 country (currently China, Iran, Italy and South Korea) you are required to complete a 14 day self-quarantine upon arrival into the United States.
We understand that the current nature of travel during these times may leave you with a lot of questions, and we stand ready to assist you with any of your concerns or questions by contacting the hotel at 503-221-0140.
Posted: March 16, 2020